Happy Lohri 2022 Wishes, Images, Status, SMS for WhatsApp, Facebook and Instagram
Lohri is a celebration of joy and happiness celebrated by the Sikh community and Punjabi Hindus around the world.
It is one of the popular festivals of the Indian subcontinent and is celebrated in northern India, especially in Punjab, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh and Jammu.
It is the first festival of the new year and marks the start of longer days and shorter nights. This means that the festival marks the end of the winter solstice.
Lohri is also called Lohdi and some sections of the Sindhi community celebrate him as Lal Loi.
Happy Makar Sankranti Wishes, Pictures, Quotes
Happy Pongal 2022 Wishes, Pictures, Quotes
Happy Lohri 2022 Date and time
Lohri is celebrated the night before Makar Sankranti, which is a Hindu harvest festival.
In 2022, Lohri will be celebrated on January 13th and just a day after, Makar Sankranti will be celebrated across the country with a lot of love and positivity.
It is determined according to the solar calendar. Members of the Sikh and Hindu communities in northern India pray to God for a good harvest season.
This day is marked to celebrate the harvest of Rabi crops such as wheat, barley, mustard, sesame, oats and peas.
How do we celebrate Lohri?
Lohri is celebrated with great happiness and enthusiasm in areas where Punjabi people reside around the world.
People light a bonfire after sunset and gather around. They perform Bhangra and other Punjabi folk dances around the bonfire while throwing popcorn, Rewari, and sesame into the fire.
People organize parties for their relatives and loved ones and serve various kinds of sweets, Sarso ka Saag and Makki ki Roti at dinner.
Happy Lohri 2022 Wishes and Images
As we all know India is heading towards the third wave of COVID-19, like the previous year we have to celebrate the Lohri festival in a low-key way.
Many thanks to social media that despite the physical distances we can always wish our loved ones a very happy Lohri through the various social networks.
We have created very beautiful wishes and images for you. So keep sharing them with your family and close friends:
- May darkness never cross your path and may your life light up with good fortune.
- Let’s burn all the differences we have for each other with the bonfire of love. Happy Lohri 2022.
- May this Lohri festival bring joy and happiness to your life.
- Let’s make this Lohri more special by helping the most needy. Happy Lohri !!
- This Lohri, I wish you a life of happiness and prosperity. Lohri Di Lakh Lakh Vadhaiyan !!!
- May this Lohri festival bring peace and harmony to your life. Happy Lohri!
- May the end of the winter season also put an end to the sadness and anxiety in your life.
- May God bless you with a life full of ambition, success and peace !!!
- Let’s celebrate the beautiful festival of Lohri by seeking the blessing of Waheguru !!!
- May the new harvest season announce itself with new beginnings !! Happy Lohri 2022 !!
This Lohri, spread love and happiness around you !!! We wish you a very happy Lohri 2022 !!!!!